New Bahrain housing project on target
Manama, May 15, 2011
Work on the Salmabad housing project is on target for units to be handed over by June-end, following directions from His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
The Housing Ministry has co-ordinated efforts with the Electricity and Water Authority, Works Ministry and Municipalities and Urban Planning Ministry to provide services on time.
Power has been connected to all units and public areas, while sewerage work is expected to be completed within the next few weeks, Housing Minister Bassim Al Hamer said, thanking Deputy Premier Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa for his continuous follow-up and co-ordination efforts between authorities concerned.
The Municipalities and Urban Planning Ministry will soon begin tree-planting in the area to beautify the landscape.
Meanwhile, beneficiaries are requested to report to the directorate concerned at the Electricity and Water Authority to finalise power connection formalities.
lEnergy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza will tomorrow inaugurate Salmabad Power Station to serve Salmabad housing project and neighbouring areas.
He will also open Muqaba Power Station, which will serve urban and investment projects in the area and adjacent parts.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract