Al Fajer delivers Jumeirah flagship tower
Dubai, May 16, 2011
Leading commercial real estate developer, Al Fajer Properties, said its first commercial tower in Jumeirah Business Centre (JBC) series has been handed over to customers.
JBC 1 represents the flagship tower for the developer in the 9 tower JBC series located in the heart of the Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) free-zone, said a statement from Al Fajer.
The handing over of the 180 meter high JBC1 commercial tower is a major milestone for Al Fajer and is an endorsement of its successful and prudent strategy of restructuring business model at the beginning of the real estate downturn to focus on delivering projects within the committed timeframe, it stated.
Commenting on the miletone, Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum, president of Al Fajer Properties, said, “The handing over of JBC1 is a significant achievement for us and vindicates the strategy we adopted in 2008 to restructure our management and business to enable us to focus on our core commitment of delivering projects on time.'
'The delivery of the JBC1 is the result of three years of dedicated hard work by Al Fajer,' he added.
According to Sheikh Maktoum, the restructuring has helped Al Fajer to deliver on its contractual obligations of developing the JBC developments. In record time Al Fajer has completed five of its nine towers in the JLT community, constructing over 200 floors in 18 months.”
The company’s restructuring, including the liquidation of Dh1 billion worth of land bank, after Sheikh Maktoum took over the management during the initial days of the financial crisis helped AFP shore up its balance sheet by Dh3.2 billion and focus on its goal of accelerated development of the JBC towers, Al Fajer said in a statement.
The 44 floor JBC1 tower has an area of 546,000 sq ft of commercial space including premium commercial floors with dedicated lifts. It has refined and distinctive exterior, beautiful lobby interiors and panoramic lifts, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar unveils luxury homes in ‘BLVD Crescent’
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts