Bahrain road project on track
Manama, May 24, 2011
The construction work at the important Hatim Al Taie Avenue in Hidd area of Bahrain is progressing well and is due for completion by March end next year, the Ministry of Works said.
The BD4.89 million ($12.9 million) project, involves revamp work and connection to the main road network in the Kingdom. The contract was awarded to Eastern Asphalt and Mixed Concrete Company, the ministry added.
"The project’s contractor has already started the initial works in addition to all other related works such as electricity, water, communication and sanitary related services,’ said Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf after visiting the site.
The visit was aimed at checking progress in the revamp works at the site located between the Dry Dock Highway to the east and Avenue 46 to the west.
"The project comes in response to directives from HRH the Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa to speed up revamp works at Hatim Al Taie Avenue; aiming to facilitate traffic movement in Hidd and the neighbouring areas," said Khalaf.
"The work began on February 13 this year and will take another 60 weeks to complete," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show