Bahrain sanitary project to be ready in Sept
Manama , June 1, 2011
A major sanitation project being implemented in Hidd is on track for completion in September this year, said a statement from the Bahrain Ministry of Works.
The work on the BD7.6 million ($20.1 million) project started in March 2008 under the supervision of project’s consultant Watson Khonji and project’s contractor Al Hassanain Contracting, said a ministry statement.
The project involves construction of 20 km-long main sewage connections and 30 km-long secondary connections, in addition to 9 pumping stations to serve 1700 real estate units.
Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf who visited the Hidd site said 80 per cent of the project has been completed.
During the visit, the minister also inspected work progress in the project that will serve blocks 109, 111 and 112 in Hidd. He was accompanied by assistant undersecretary for Sanitary Engineering Khalifa Al Mansoor.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track