Union Properties to repay $545m debt
Dubai, June 8, 2011
Indebted developer Union Properties will repay 2 billion dirhams ($544.5 million) of debt this year and will seek to renegotiate terms for its other loans with banks, a spokesman said.
The third largest developer in Dubai also repaid debt worth 2 billion dirhams in 2010, its chairman Khalid Bin Kalban had stated at the company's annual general meeting .
The company hopes the repayment will help to push maturities on the loans and renegotiate interest rates with lenders, which includes Dubai's top bank Emirates NBD.
Union Properties will repay part of the debt with the 1.1 billion dirhams it raised from the sale of the Ritz Carlton hotel in Dubai last year. The remaining will be raised from the sale of properties, the developer said.
Dubai's property sector was hit hard by a downturn, with billions of dollars worth of projects put on hold or cancelled, while prices slumped as much as 60 percent. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals