Dubai hotels make 10pc of Empower’s business
Dubai, June 8, 2011
Emirates Central Cooling Corporation (Empower), a major district cooling service provider, has supplied district cooling to 20 hotels in Dubai, which constitute of 10 per cent of its total business for the first half of 2011.
Ahmad Bin Shafar, CEO of Empower said that the increase in hotel consumption was due to boom in hospitality industry and increasing adoption of this technology.
“The operational percentage saving in a hotel unit using district cooling compared with conventional AC technologies ranges between 40 and 45 per cent. The hotel industry in Dubai has started preferring this technology because of its features in conserving the environment, financial savings and better services to guests,” said Bin Shafar.
Empower's district cooling systems (DCS) provide effective and efficient means of air conditioning, he added.
“Water is cooled in central plants and distributed through a network of piping systems to individual customer buildings,” Bin Shafar concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing