Bahrain ministry renews ISO certification entitlement
Manama, July 5, 2011
The Bahrain Ministry of Works has recently renewed its entitlement to Quality System International Certification ISO 9001:2008, following the first annual review to all sectors and locations at the ministry.
The review was completed in two days, said a statement from the Ministry of Works.
The authorization committee, Register Europe AJA, emphasized the ministry’s commitment towards fulfilling all requirements related to the system.
Human Resources director Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Khayyat attributed the ministry's achievement in this field to Minister Essam Bin Abdulla Khalaf’s continuous support and the efforts extended by the internal audit team and all the staff at the Ministry, to adhere to the Quality System.
‘Renewal of the ISO Certification is an indication to the Ministry’s commitment and keenness to continuously improve performance and enhance the quality of services provided by all sectors with minimum cost,’ said Al Lhayyat.
Materials Engineering director and head of Quality Team Sameer Affoni said the external audit team emphasized the Ministry’s commitment to all items indicated in the review process, including documents control, internal auditing, and calibration process.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale