Drake & Scull wins $46m hospital contract
Dubai, July 27, 2011
Drake & Scull International (DSI) Abu Dhabi has been awarded a Dh170 million ($46.28 million) contract for the complete MEP works for the second and final package for a women and children’s hospital in Abu Dhabi.
Developed by United Eastern Medical (UEMedical), Abu Dhabi’s leading privately owned Healthcare Development and Investment Company, Danat Al Emarat Women and Children’s Hospital is the first planned all-digital hospital in Abu Dhabi.
The 11-storey ,150-bed hospital will provide critically needed maternity and neonatology services in the capital and will set a new standard in patient care delivery and will become a regional centre of excellence in women’s and children’s health, and a referral centre for high risk pregnancies, a statement said.
The main contractor of the project is the international construction company Terna which was awarded by UEMedical the construction contract of the second and final package of the hospital earlier in March.
The value of the contract is Dh440 million and the total built-up area of Phase one is approximately 70,000 sq m spread across 11 floors and 2 basement levels with the project scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2012.
“We have successfully secured Dh3.4 billion worth of work since the beginning of the year, which clearly indicates the effective diversity of our service portfolio across the region and our commitment to maximizing our shareholders value,” said Khaldoun Tabari, CEO of DSI.
Mark Andrews, managing director of DSI-MEP, said: “DSI has successfully completed a reputable project profile of hospitals of different size and complexities in the region such as the Mina hospital in Mecca, the Jizan hospital in Jizan and the Rashid hospital and American hospital Expansion in Dubai among others.”
“We recognize that the efficiency and reliability of hospitals’ building systems are critical to ensuring optimal patient care and are paramount to maximizing the overall productivity level of the facility.”
“DSI’s proven technical and integrated services in the health care industry will enable it to apply its state of the art engineering capabilities and latest software technologies in this project. We will start the pre-commencement of the MEP works immediately and we expect to hand over the project in November2012,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed