Nakheel inks major expansion contracts
Dubai, August 22, 2011
Leading real estate developer Nakheel has signed major contracts to expand an existing mall and build two new shopping centers in Dubai, said a report.
The company reached a deal with Dar Al-handasah to design and supervise the addition of 1.7 million sq ft of retail space and 5,000 parking spaces at its Dragon Mart Mall, the Bloomberg reported.
Nakheel also appointed Arif and Bintoak Consulting Architects and Engineers to design and supervise the building of two community shopping centers at its Jumeirah Park and Discovery Gardens projects, the report said, citing an e-mail from the company.
The developer is restructuring $13 billion of debt after the global recession caused property demand in Dubai to evaporate.
Home prices slid by more than 60 per cent from their peak in mid-2008, forcing developers to cancel and delay projects.
The Jumeirah Park shopping center will provide 50,000 sq ft for stores serving both the Jumeirah Park and Jumeirah Island communities. In Discovery Gardens, the 140,000 sq ft project will include stores and a recreation center for its Al Furjan development.
Construction on the three projects is set to start in the first half of 2012, the company said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals