Bahrain plans major property forum
Manama, September 7, 2011
Bahrain's real estate investment and housing opportunities as well as future plans and government facilities will be highlighted at an upcoming major forum in Manama.
Organised by the Ministry of Housing, the Social Housing Forum will be held at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Hotel and Spa on September 12, and will host private real estate companies from the GCC, China and Turkey.
Multiple discussion sessions will be held between international companies, potential investors and Bahraini officials.
"Future plans for social housing, government facilities for real estate companies and the support firms will receive when they invest in the sector will be discussed," said Housing Minister Basem Al Hamer.
He said the forum was an innovative approach by the ministry to resolve the housing sector issues.
"We foresee partnerships between local and foreign private sector companies and the ministry to build more housing projects," said Al Hamer.
He said that the approach was in line with the directives of the country's leadership to provide more advanced services to the public and to cut waiting time.
"The forum is among the first initiatives to implement National Dialogue recommendations on housing," said Al Hamer.
Economic Development Board chief executive Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa said it was necessary to further involve the private sector in government development plans and projects.
"This will assist the government in focusing more on regulating the sector and making sure the service is provided to the public according to best practices and standards," he said.
Shaikh Mohammed said holding specialised forums also would create an opportunity for experts to exchange their views and for the private and public sectors to examine any potential partnerships. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals