Eshraq eyeing UAE, Saudi property markets
Abu Dhabi, September 15, 2011
Newly-listed Eshraq Properties plans to focus on three real estate projects in the UAE and expand into Saudi Arabia in the short-term, its chairman told Reuters.
Eshraq, which secured listing on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market on Thursday, will launch two Abu Dhabi-based projects, Marina Rise and Abu Dhabi Gate, as well as another project in Dubai's Jumeirah by the end of the year, Salah bin Nasra said on the sidelines of a bourse launch ceremony. He declined to give a value for the projects.
"We believe the market will recover, it will be strong and we can get good returns. We are looking at natural growth," he said. "We have strong financials, enough liquidity and good support from banks."
The UAE's real estate sector has yet to recover from the collapse it suffered after a five-year boom that ended in 2008.
Eshraq is also planning to enter the Saudi real estate market over the next three to five years where demand is strong, he said.
The firm raised 825 million dirhams ($225 million) in an over-subscribed initial public offering (IPO) earlier this year. It offered 55 percent of its capital through the IPO.
Eshraq, with total assets of 1.5 billion dirhams, became the 66th company to be listed on the Abu Dhabi bourse. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals