India firm wins Bahrain intersection tender
Manama, October 5, 2011
Bahrain’s Tender Board has awarded the Mina Salman Intersection Project to Afcons Infrastructure Company, a major India-based construction firm, said a senior government official.
About 70 per cent of work will be completed by local contractors in line with government directives to support them, added Works Minister Essam Khalaf.
It will be implemented within 28 months, at a cost of BD24.2 million ($64 million).
It is one of the key projects to develop the roads network to cope with increasing traffic and transportation.
The intersection along Shaikh Isa bin Salman Highway will facilitate non-stop traffic from King Fahad Causeway to Shaikh Khalifa Bin Salman Port, he said.
About 74,000 vehicles and trucks use the intersection daily and 8,000 vehicles during peak times, particularly in mornings, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project