India firm wins Bahrain intersection tender
Manama, October 5, 2011
Bahrain’s Tender Board has awarded the Mina Salman Intersection Project to Afcons Infrastructure Company, a major India-based construction firm, said a senior government official.
About 70 per cent of work will be completed by local contractors in line with government directives to support them, added Works Minister Essam Khalaf.
It will be implemented within 28 months, at a cost of BD24.2 million ($64 million).
It is one of the key projects to develop the roads network to cope with increasing traffic and transportation.
The intersection along Shaikh Isa bin Salman Highway will facilitate non-stop traffic from King Fahad Causeway to Shaikh Khalifa Bin Salman Port, he said.
About 74,000 vehicles and trucks use the intersection daily and 8,000 vehicles during peak times, particularly in mornings, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing