Seminar probes affordable housing needs
Manama, October 5, 2011
UK-based Trowers & Hamlins teamed up with CFA Bahrain to discuss some of the solutions available to meet the growing need for affordable housing at a seminar held in Manama.
A reputed law firm in the social and affordable housing field, Trowers & Hamlins has played a key role in every major UK government initiative in this area over the past 30 years.
The Middle East real estate team members at Trowers & Hamlins Abdul Haq Mohammed and Peter Greatrex held a presentation at the Bahrain Financial Harbour as part of CFA Bahrain's continuing education programme for its members and candidates.
Speaking at the seminar, Mohammed said the delivery of housing which is accessible to the community is one of the biggest challenges facing Bahrain and other countries across the region.
'There is no quick fix for this and it requires innovative thinking and collaboration between different stakeholders,' he stated.
'We are keen to utilise the expertise we have developed in this sector over many years to assist our clients in creating solutions that are truly affordable and sustainable,' he added.
CFA Bahrain organised this affordable housing event in response to the rising importance of the delivery and accessibility of affordable housing in Bahrain and across the region, said board member Hamed Yousef Mashal.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Al Basel posts $156m in 2013 sales
- Dubai landlords free to hike rents by 20pc
- Bahrain to dig artificial water springs
- Arabtec plans UAE property arms, Egypt tieup
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market