Orascom wins Aldar mall contract
Dubai, October 9, 2011
UAE's Aldar Properties said on Sunday that a unit of Egypt's Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) was given the contract to build a major retail mall on Abu Dhabi's Yas Island.
Six Construct, which is fully owned by BESIX Group, itself a 50-50 venture between OCI and Belgian construction group Besix, was awarded the contract for Yas Mall, the developer said in a statement. No value was given for the contract.
Aldar also said that over 40 per cent of the Yas mall has already been let out to retailers.
The mall is scheduled for completion in final quarter of 2013 and will feature 235,000 square metres of retail trading area.
Shares of Aldar were up 0.9 per cent on the Abu Dhabi bourse at 0900 GMT.
Aldar, which was rescued by a $5.2 billion bailout by Abu Dhabi, swung to a second quarter net profit, helped by sales and rental income.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed