Minister inspects GCC games complex
Manama, October 9, 2011
Bahrain Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf visited the Isa Sports City complex to review the ongoing work and also to see the preparations for the GCC Games which kicks off on Tuesday.
The ministry is readying the sports facilities at the complex in Isa Town on behalf of the General Organisation of Youth and Sports (Goys) for the upcoming GCC Games.
Khalaf, accompanied by GOYS president Hisham Mohammed Al Jowder, inspected the upgrading and refurbishment work presently in progress at the National Stadium, said a statement from the Ministry of Works.
He also supervised the preparation works in hand to ready the three new Sports Halls to provide state of the art venues for many of the sports that form part of the Games taking place next week.
Khalaf also took the opportunity to reconfirm the Ministry’s steadfast commitment to supporting the Kingdom in its endeavours to promote sporting and cultural ties between the GCC nations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi