Emaar raising $700m from banks
Dubai, October 24, 2011
Dubai's Emaar Properties is in the process of raising around $700 million from banks, its chairman told local television on Monday.
Mohamed Alabbar said the real estate firm, around 30 percent owned by the Dubai government, was currently undertaking a 'big financing operation' which was receiving a favourable response from lenders.
'The opportunities for financing and refinancing are excellent and likewise the prices are excellent,' Alabbar said in an interview with Dubai TV, due to be broadcast on Tuesday.
'We are at present undertaking a big financing operation ...We're talking in the region of $700 million.'
Sources told Reuters last month that Emaar was in the process of raising around $800 million through a two-tranche loan which was backed by four malls, including Dubai Mall, one of the world's largest shopping centres.
Emaar needs to raise around 6.7 billion dirhams ($1.8 billion) between the second half of 2011 and next year, a research report from Rasmala investment bank said at the beginning of October.
Earlier, in a separate television interview, Alabbar said Emaar would not be booking any provisions in its third-quarter results. Offers to buy some of its hotel had also been rejected, Alabbar told Al Arabiya television. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project