Unique wins $5.2m Leighton contract
Dubai, October 26, 2011
Sharjah-based Unique Maritime Group said its company, Unique System, has won a $5.2 million engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) contract from Leighton Offshore for its diving project in the Middle East.
As per the contract, Unique Systems will provide 12 Man ABS classed saturation system, complete with SPHL for subsea construction work activities to Leighton Offshore.
The company is incharge of the first phase of the $799 million Iraq Crude Oil Export Expansion Project (ICOEEP) being developed by South Oil Company.
Unique Systems said the company will also deploy its equipment, consumables and skilled diving personnel on board client-designated vessels for the project.
The ICOEEP phase 1 includes the following scope of work on a full ECP and commissioning basis:
•Installation and commissioning of two 48” parallel pipelines, 20km onshore and 120km offshore.
•Installation of three SPM systems (single point mooring systems) capable of receiving and loading VLCC tankers.
•Fabrication and installation of a 600MT Subsea Valve Manifold.
•Dredging works to achieve pipeline trenching and sufficient water depth for VLCC mooring.
•Installation of subsea Fibre Optic Cables and Composite Power Fibre Optic Cables.
•Installation and commissioning of Telecommunications and SCADA systems.
Unique Maritime is a leading provider of specialised engineering solutions to the subsea and offshore oil and gas industries.
Commenting on the deal, Ian Huggins, Unique Maritime Group general manager, said , “We will be working closely with Leighton Offshore to help complete this agreement efficiently. We are looking forward to a long and productive relationship.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m