Al-Futtaim wins Sharjah contract
Dubai, October 30, 2011
UAE-based Al-Futtaim Engineering said it has won a multi-million Dirham mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) maintenance contract from Sharjah Department of Public Works.
As per the contract, Al-Futtaim group company will undertake MEP maintenance of 116 buildings, 11 museums and prominent mosques in Sharjah and the Northern Emirates.
As part of the contract, Al-Futtaim Engineering will also undertake the training of DPW staff on the projects, said Sheikh Khalid Bin Saqr Al Qassimi, chairman, Directorate of Public Works, Sharjah and Dawood Bin Ozair, managing director of Al-Futtaim Engineering at the signing ceremony.
Commenting on the deal, Sheikh Khalid said, “We are extremely happy to have Al-Futtaim Engineering partner with us to undertake this major project which will enhance the image of Sharjah.”
Dawood Bin Ozair said: 'This project is a firm endorsement of Al-Futtaim Engineering’s ability to deliver industry bench-marked MEP services. Our team will ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget and meets the highest levels of standards.'
A leading multi-disciplinary engineering organisation, Al-Futtaim Engineering provides total solutions to the building industry through its expertise in MEP, elevators and escalators, security and low voltage systems, air-conditioning, building products and scaffolding and formwork.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager
- Dubai group announces $1bn Viceroy hotel project
- Asteco to lease out new property
- Union Properties Q1 net profit slips 2.2pc