Drake & Scull unit wins Kuwait university deal
Kuwait, December 4, 2011
Drake and Scull Kuwait (DSK), a subsidiary of Drake & Scull International (DSI) inked today a Dh200 million ($54.45 million) contract to execute the MEP package for the College of Art, part of the Sabah Al-Salem University development in Shadadiya, Kuwait.
DSI is a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and the construction disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), Civil Contracting, and Water & Power.
Khaldoun Tabari, CEO of DSI, said: “We are progressing steadily in Kuwait and we have managed to secure Dh430 million worth of work year to date.
“DSI has a reputable experience in the educational development industry and is specialised in the integrated MEP services for schools and universities' facilities. We have adopted specific design policies and applications of proven technologies and systems on educational projects similar in scale and complexity. We intend to mobilise on site shortly and we expect to deliver the project in March 2015,” Tabari added.
Since its inception in 2004, DSK has been involved in some of Kuwait’s top engineering projects including the Special Training Centre for Public Authority for Applied Education and Training in Chuwaikh and the College of Basic Education- Boys Campus in Ardiya in addition to the Kuwait State Audit Bureau. DSK exclusively owns unique engineering technologies, especially in the MEP and Water and Power sectors, and enjoys close ties with governmental and private property developers. –TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property