Famco acquires firm in Saudi Arabia
Dubai, December 4, 2011
Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co), the Al-Futtaim Group’s distributor of commercial vehicles and industrial equipment, has acquired 100 per cent shareholding in Al-Rehab Equipment & Machinery Company in Saudi Arabia.
Al Rehab is the exclusive distributor for Volvo Construction Equipment in the kingdom.
Famco, which is already the Volvo Construction Equipment distributor for the UAE, has made this move as part of its wider regional expansion programme.
Famco’s entry into Saudi Arabia will position the leading construction equipment distributor to play a significant role in the kingdom’s infrastructure development. The acquisition will extend Famco’s reach in Saudi Arabia across five locations, with the main branch in Jeddah.
Len Hunt, president, Al-Futtaim Automotive, said: “Famco already has an enviable reputation in the region, but this has come solely from its development in the UAE. Now it has the opportunity to take its excellent standards to a new audience.”
Volvo Construction Equipment awarded Famco with its Silver Partnership award in May 2011 recognising the high dealer standards within the organisation.
Jonas Gardetun, vice president, Volvo Construction Equipment, said: “We are looking forward to working with Famco in Saudi Arabia, as we look to grow and increase our market share in what is a rapidly expanding market.”
Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco, said: “We are known in the UAE as a company that takes pride in working closely with fleet operators, providing high levels of customer service and expert advice. Now we can bring these qualities to the Saudi market where we believe we have much to offer. Saudi Arabia is leading the construction boom in the region and our aim is to set a new benchmark there. We very much look forward to the challenge of developing our operations in Saudi Arabia.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed