Select set to deliver 1,700 residential units
Dubai, December 5, 2011
Select Group, one of the largest private real estate companies in the UAE, said it is poised to deliver over 1,700 residential units in three projects at Dubai Marina.
The three projects which are in handover phase include the 684-unit The Torch, the world’s tallest residential tower; the 365-unit Botanica, which boasts the only sky garden in Dubai’s real estate sector; and the Bay Central, a three-tower podium development with a total of 735 apartments.
The developer said the cumulative value of the three projects is Dh1.85 billion ($503 million).
Rahail Aslam, chairman, Select Group, said: “There is no doubt, the property market in Dubai has gone through one of the toughest and challenging phases in the last two years with developers facing harsh choices of adjusting to the market conditions. The situation demanded patience and prudence and we now believe that Dubai’s real estate market is showing signs of an emerging momentum which should gather steam in the foreseeable future.”
He said the market will soon see a more sustainable growth cycle from increased demand and a slow down in quality supply resulting in increased valuations, yield compression, and take up in the rental market in the medium to long-term.
The potential of Dubai’s real estate economy in providing returns that are higher than the global average will kick start development activities in the medium to long term, he said.
Aslam said the handover of apartments at The Torch is already more than two thirds complete and nearly 440 residents have already moved in. “We are seeing an extremely positive response in all these three projects with a demand side resurgence making us state with confidence that we are regaining confidence on Dubai’s real estate market.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals