Sorouh's 2011 net profit jumps
Abu Dhabi, February 15, 2012
Abu Dhabi developer Sorouh Properties posted sharply higher full-year profit on Wednesday, partly on lower impairments and a gain on sale of assets.
Sorouh said it had 2011 net profit of 334.7 million dirhams ($91.12 million), compared to 7.4 million dirhams in 2010.
The developer took lower goodwill impairments of 117 million dirhams last year, down 28 percent over the previous year, it said in a statement to the Abu Dhabi bourse.
The company had fourth quarter profit of 92.7 million dirhams, Reuters calculated form previous financial statements, down 56 percent from the prior-year period. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager