Bahrain plans 50,000 new homes
Manama, February 15, 2012
A major plan to clear 50,000 families from the Housing Ministry's waiting list will be completed in four years, said a senior government official.
Minister Bassem Al Hamer told MPs the five-year plan was on track with 4,000 homes to be distributed this year and 10,000 units built next year, which will see applicants up to 2001 cleared from the ministry's list.
He also revealed work on the delayed Buhair Valley Housing Town will start next month and will cost BD75 million ($198.9 million).
"We have 660 houses planned, of which 380 will be built by us next month and the rest in partnership with the private sector," he said.
"I am not here to promise, as other ministers have, that there will be 1,800 units, 1,500 or 1,200 units because other ministries and government bodies would want space for infrastructure facilities.
"The dangerous part of the valley, which has seen sewage dumping for years, will be treated next month for work to begin."
The minister was responding to questions by three MPs on the progress of different housing projects. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract