Foster Wheeler wins Saudi contract
Zug (Switzerland), February 21, 2012
Foster Wheeler said its subsidiary Global Engineering and Construction Group has won a conceptual and basic design contract from Saudi-based Saja Pharmaceuticals for the expansion of its manufacturing facility in Jeddah.
Saja Pharmaceuticals is a joint-venture between Tamer Industries and two Japanese pharmaceutical companies, Daiichi-Sankyo Company and Astellas Pharma.
The Saja plant produces brand name as well as generic medicines for both the Saudi and other Middle East markets.
As per the contract, Foster Wheeler will provide conceptual and basic design services for a new research and development building, which will also be designed to manufacture small production lots for launching new products on the market, a new oral solid dosing manufacturing and packaging facility, a warehouse, quality control laboratories and an administrative building.
The global engineering giant said the scope of work was expected to be completed during May. However it did not disclose the contract value.
Foster Wheeler said the project will be included in the company’s fourth-quarter 2011 bookings.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings