Drake & Scull wins Kuwait university deal
Dubai, February 23, 2012
Drake and Scull International (DSI) said its Kuwait unit has won a Dh200 million ($54.4 million) contract to execute the MEP package for the Sabah Al-Salem University development in Shadadiya.
DSI is a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and the construction disciplines of MEP, Civil Contracting, and Water & Power.
Announcing this on Thursday, DSI chief executive officer Khaldoun Tabari said, 'We are progressing steadily in Kuwait and have managed to secure Dh430 million worth of work year to date. The investment in educational institutions is at the heart of government’s social development programs in the region.'
'The Kuwaiti Government recognize the implications of ensuring high quality education and its magnitude in securing a sustainable future economic growth,' remarked Tabari.
'Substantial funds have been dedicated to decrease illiteracy rates through the development of a wide range of educational institutions across the nation and we intend to take a significant part in these developments,' he stated.
DSI, said Tabari, had a reputable experience in the educational development industry and was specialized in the integrated MEP services for schools and universities' facilities.
'We have adopted specific design policies and applications of proven technologies and systems on educational projects similar in scale and complexity. We intend to mobilize on site shortly and we expect to deliver the project in March 2015,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract