Bids invited for Bahrain Expo City
Manama, February 26, 2012
The bidding process to appoint a consultant for the first phase of the proposed Bahrain Expo City in Sakhir has been completed, said a news report.
The Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA), Mumtalakat and private sector investors are funding the project, Industry and Commerce Minister and BECA chairman Dr Hassan Fakhro told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The winning consultancy firm will advise on infrastructure and main building design as well as costs of the first phase, it added.
The phase one of the project will approximately cost $385 million, with economic viability indicating an annual investment return of nearly 14 per cent, the minister has earlier told the paper.
The final project is expected to be completed within three years, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals