Saudi construction projects 'top $1 trillion'
Riyadh, March 8, 2012
Saudi Arabia, the largest construction market in the Middle East and North African (Mena) region, has over 1,000 projects worth over $1.102 trillion under way for 2012, a report from CPH World Media, was quoted as saying.
The report by the business research and intelligence firm shows that the growth is sustained by the Saudi government’s continuous efforts to liberalise the economy, said a statement from Rubber World Industries.
“The Middle East and North Africa region’s construction industry is moving on the fast track in terms of new projects and the resumption of projects that were stalled by the recent economic downturn,” said Rizwan Shaikhani, managing Director, RWI.
“We are very eager to position ourselves as a major provider of world class rubber based building materials for these projects. In fact, our coming participation at ‘The Big 5 Saudi’ will see the launch of latest additions to our trading products portfolio,” he said.
‘The Big 5 Saudi,’ a major construction industry event, will be held from March 10 to March 13 at the Jeddah Centre for Forums and Events. During the event, RWI will be releasing new rubber-based products like aluminium insulation tubes, aluminium insulation sheet, aluminium insulation roll, slitting tubes, colour tubes and foam tapes, PVC tapes, flexible duct insulated, flexible duct un-insulated.
RWI stand at ‘The Big 5 Saudi,’ will be located at stand no. 58 at hall No. 1.
The CPH World Media report further states that Saudi Arabia’s large oil revenues have made it possible for the construction industry to employ the extra liquidity for its growth, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes