MoW official visits Mina Salman project site
Manama, March 29, 2012
Bahrain Ministry of Works (MoW) undersecretary, Waleed Yousif Al Saei, recently visited the Mina Salman port interchange project to closely oversee work progress.
During the visit, he inspected the detailed designs for the traffic diversions intended for implementation on April 5 between Shaikh Khalifa Bin Salman Causeway and Juffair.
The diversions aim to ease traffic movement coming from Hidd towards Manama, for which leaflets will be distributed to road users in the area; including all traffic diversions included in the project, said a statement.
Implementing such traffic diversions is one of the biggest challenges facing the project; taking into account the massive traffic movement passing through the area every day; 74,000 vehicles daily, 24 per cent of which is trucks. During peak hours, especially in the morning, 8,000 vehicles pass through the interchange. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale