Saudi inks $145m water projects
Riyadh, April 1, 2012
Saudi Arabia has signed over SR544 million ($145 million) worth of water and sewage projects - including the setting up of a giant water purification plant and water network - in the Kingdom, said a report.
These projects are aimed at boosting the kingdom's utility services amid growing demand, especially during the peak summer, the Arab News reported citing Saudi Water and Electricity Minister Abdullah Al-Hussayen.
The first contract is for setting up a water purification plant at the dam in Damad valley in Jazan Province for SR82.81 million which wil be ready in 36 months, the report stated.
The second contract, worth SR67 million, is for implementing the first phase of sewage networks in Qalwa city in Al-Baha Province. The project would be completed within 36 months.
The minister signed a third contract for SR41.99 million to implement a drinking water purification plant in Al-Saleel in Riyadh Province, the report added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings