Bahrain begins revamp of heritage site
Manama, April 9, 2012
Bahrain has started work on revamping Bab Al Bahrain, which is one of the most important initiatives in view of Manama being named Capital of Arab Culture 2012.
This initiative aims to point out the importance of Bab Al Bahrain as the central and model square in Manama.
This will revive the glory of Bab Al Bahrain and bring back its original image dating back to 1949, with some modern touches. The passage of cars will be enhanced under the arch, which was the gate of the historical Manama Souq.
Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa yesterday visited Al Jasra Handicraft Centre and reviewed the progress of work on revamping it as part of efforts to preserve heritage. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing