United Development appoints MD
Doha, April 12, 2012
United Development Company (UDC), one of Qatar’s major publicly traded shareholding private companies, has appointed Omar Hussein Alfardan as managing director.
One of Qatar’s most experienced and respected businessmen, Alfardan’s appointment was approved by the Board of Directors of UDC, master developers of The Pearl-Qatar, at a special meeting held recently.
Alfardan is president of the Alfardan Group which has interests in the automotive, hospitality and retail business in Qatar and is one of the country’s most recognised companies.
He currently sits as a director of UDC, Commercialbank Qatar and is chairman of the National Bank of Oman, as well as vice chairman of United Arab Bank, UAE. He also sits on the Board of Trustees of the American University of Beirut, Lebanon and is a director of the Qatar Red Crescent Society.
“Alfardan brings with him to this key position a wealth of business and community experience and we look forward to his leadership and insight as UDC prepares to move into a new phase of consolidation,” said Roger Dagher, director of UDC’s Corporate Communications. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing