Nakheel sells 30 units of new luxury project
Dubai, April 12, 2012
Dubai-based developer Nakheel has sold 30 units of its new luxury residential project on the Palm Jumeirah at a combined value of nearly Dh223 million, a report said.
Construction of the Palma Residences, Nakheel’s first major residential development after completing a huge financial restructure, was expected to take around 18 months to complete, chairman Rashid Ali Lootah was quoted as saying by Arab News.
Nakheel has named Dubai Civil Engineering as the main contractor on the project in a transaction worth Dh194 million, the report said.
"We have proof that prices on Palm Jumeirah are not going down. We are selling plots of land at prices that are higher than pre-crisis levels," Lootah was quoted in the report.
Prices for Palma Residences range from Dh6-Dh8 million.
Halcrow, a leading engineering consultancy, is the beach profiling consultant for the development, which should see work start within the next five months, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract