Nakheel sells 30 units of new luxury project
Dubai, April 12, 2012
Dubai-based developer Nakheel has sold 30 units of its new luxury residential project on the Palm Jumeirah at a combined value of nearly Dh223 million, a report said.
Construction of the Palma Residences, Nakheel’s first major residential development after completing a huge financial restructure, was expected to take around 18 months to complete, chairman Rashid Ali Lootah was quoted as saying by Arab News.
Nakheel has named Dubai Civil Engineering as the main contractor on the project in a transaction worth Dh194 million, the report said.
"We have proof that prices on Palm Jumeirah are not going down. We are selling plots of land at prices that are higher than pre-crisis levels," Lootah was quoted in the report.
Prices for Palma Residences range from Dh6-Dh8 million.
Halcrow, a leading engineering consultancy, is the beach profiling consultant for the development, which should see work start within the next five months, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract