Cement sales in Saudi jump 12.6pc
Jubail, April 19, 2012
Cement sales in Saudi Arabia during March increased 12.6 percent to reach 4.9 million tonnes, a record high for monthly sales, a report said.
Clinker production grew by 10 percent to reach 4 million tonnes, another record, said the report in the Arab News quoting an NCB Capital study.
It said clinker stocks declined sharply by 44.4 percent to reach 5.02 million tonnes.
Cement exports dropped 64.5 percent year on year and 17.7 percent month to month to 65,000 tonnes in March, the report added.
Cement production also increased 12.6 percent year on year to 5.10 million tonnes in March 2012. Clinker production also increased by 10.0 percent year on year to 4.02 million tonnes, it said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals