Deyaar to deliver 3 projects this year
Dubai, April 19, 2012
Struggling Dubai developer Deyaar posted a 64 percent drop in its first-quarter net profit and said it plans to deliver three long-pending projects by the end of this year.
Deyaar made a net profit of 9.4 million dirhams ($2.56 million) during the first-quarter, compared with 26.3 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
Dubai's second-largest property developer by market value said its gross revenues reached 150 million dirhams in the quarter and its total assets were valued at 6.7 billion dirhams.
Deyaar, badly hit by Dubai's property bust, continues to reel under the impact of the global financial crisis. The company said the repercussions of this were seen on the first quarter as well.
"We look forward to delivering another three projects over the course of this year," Saeed Al Qatami, chief executive of Deyaar said in a statement.
The statement gave no details of the projects which the company was working on. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract