Keller sees Bahrain project success
Manama, April 22, 2012
Keller Grundbau, the international geotechnical contractor and solution provider for soil and foundation problems for the construction industry, said it has completed more than 1,100 jobs in Bahrain over the past 38 years.
It was the first company to introduce to Bahrain the bottom feed dry method for ground improvement by Vibro techniques using a purpose-built VibroCat.
'Vibro replacement is a technique used to improve sandy soils,' explained Keller Bahrain general manager Imtiaz Ahmed Syed. 'In this method columns made up of stones are installed in the soft ground using the depth vibrator,' he stated.
This, said Syed, makes the dry method of installation particularly suitable for sites where the creation of mud must be avoided or where water is not readily available and additionally, construction of foundation can be carried out simultaneously.
According to him, Keller was the first and only user of this system in Bahrain. 'The dry method system for ground improvement has been widely used in many important projects in Bahrain,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing