Maskan Arabia to unveil key Saudi projects
Riyadh, April 28, 2012
Maskan Arabia, a leading construction company in Saudi Arabia, will showcase its latest housing projects at the Riyadh Real Estate and Urban Development Exhibition 2012 (Restatex 2012) which opens today (April 29).
The event, which will run till May 2 at Riyadh International Exhibition Center, will see Maskan Arabia highlight the necessity of providing affordable finance to developers for carrying out more housing projects.
Most of the development companies in Saudi Arabia aspire to accelerate new housing projects, said a senior official.
Consequently, investors need to take into consideration the high cost of construction and the shortage of qualified contractors, which makes their prices high according to supply and demand balance, while the quality of individual contractors' work does not meet the required standards, remarked Hossam Al-Rashoudi, the CEO of Maskan Arabia.
However, the high cost of construction is not the only obstacle that real estate development companies face.
In fact, high prices of white lands and lack of proper financing solutions signify the main problem that prevents citizens from obtaining proper affordable housing for their families and represent a major challenge for investors in this field, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan