Bahrain completes causeway maintenance work
Manama, May 26, 2012
Bahrain Ministry of Works’ said it has completed maintenance and painting works at 6 main causeways out of a total number of 7 causeways as part of its BD1 million ($2.64 million) project which began in June last year.
Roads Projects & Maintenance Director Raed Al Salah said, 'The two causeways located on Khalifa Al Kabeer Interchange with Sheikh Hamad Causeway, together with Seef and City Centre Causeways and the Central Market Causeways are now completed.'
‘What remains now is the maintenance of Sh. Isa bin Salman Causeway; where the painting of the upper part of the causeway has been postponed in coordination with the General Traffic Directorate until the end of the present school semester, for it requires the closure of one way on each direction,’ he stated.
‘Painting the causeway from underneath will also take time, as it should be done from the sea,’ Al Salah added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure