Aecom wins Qatar road contract
Los Angeles, June 5, 2012
Aecom Technology Corporation, a leading provider of technical and management support services, has been selected as the designer for a design-build contract to upgrade North Road in Qatar.
The project is a part of the wider Qatar Expressway program, which will see the creation of 342 miles of new expressway and service roads as part of a $20-billion investment to improve the road network and enhance the country's growing economy.
AECOM will work on the 61-mile North Road, which connects the capital city of Doha with Madinat Al Shamal/Al Ruwais on the north coast, a statement said. The Aecom contract is worth $12 million.
As part of the two-year project, the Aecom team will enhance the accessibility of the road to reduce travel time between the two cities and improve the performance of the road by adding frontage streets and new interchanges as well as upgrading existing interchanges. The team is also designing the longest bicycle lane along the road as well as creating context-sensitive artscape and beautification works.
"We are delighted to play a vital role in the advancement of Qatar's infrastructure," said Aecom chairman and chief executive officer John M Dionisio. "We at Aecom understand the importance of a world-class infrastructure network to the evolution of Qatar."
Work on the project is set to begin immediately, with construction scheduled for completion during 2014. – Business Wire
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost