20pc of Saudi projects 'not implemented'
Riyadh, June 12, 2012
Up to 20 percent of projects sanctioned by the Saudi government have not been started during the past six years, an official report was quoted as saying.
The Royal Court report presented to the Council of Ministers said only 39 percent of the development projects were implemented by the government departments during the period, the Arab News said. It, however, said 41 percent of the projects were under implementation.
“The proportion of projects the departments did not start have reached 20 percent,” said the report that reviewed projects of 20 agencies, it said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey