Bahrain 'taking steps to ensure cement supply'
Manama, June 13, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said the government was taking all concrete steps to meet the Kingdom's cement demand through co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi.
His remarks came during a meeting with Al Saqer Cement Factory chairman Hisham Alrayes and chief executive Salah Al Sharif on Tuesday.
Dr Fakhro also confirmed the government and ministry's keenness to provide initiatives led by the private sector to enhance the economic and urban sectors to achieve growth in line with the Economic Vision 2030.
He said the government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy and provide people with goods and services to stimulate economic and urban development and achieve stability in prices and supplies.
He also pointed out the government's role in meeting cement demand and co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi Arabia, which supply ample quantities of cement on a regular basis to help stabilise prices in the local market.
Assistant under-secretary for domestic trade Hameed Rahma also attended the meeting.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract