Arkan wins $381m loan to fund new projects
Abu Dhabi, June 20, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Arkan Building Material Company has secured a Dh1.4 billion loan ($381.16 million) from mainly local banks to refinance existing debt and fund new projects, it said on Wednesday.
The new loan carries a 6-1/2 year maturity and was provided by a group of lenders including First Gulf Bank, Union National Bank and Emirates NBD, the statement said.
It did not provide any details on pricing for the loan but said it would lead to 'significant savings in interest cost for Arkan over the repayment period of the loan.'
The company, which is 51-percent-owned by Abu Dhabi's General Holding Corporation, a fully government-held entity, plans to launch three new business units in the next three years including a cement factory and lime plant, the statement said.
The company has a market capitalisation of $376.4 million, according to Thomson Reuters data. Arkan shares were up 1.27 percent higher at 0815 GMT but are down over 21 per cent this year.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm