Top buildings in Manama 'obsolete'
Manama, July 3, 2012
Many high-profile buildings in Manama are virtually 'obsolete' in terms of modern day requirements, according to an international real estate company.
The findings were made in the latest Cluttons sector report, entitled The Imperfect Property for a Perfect Portfolio.
Country head Harry Goodson-Wickes said it underlined the need to take guidance from property experts on well-built and well-managed buildings on medium to long-term investments.
'Many high-profile buildings within Manama are now almost 30 years old, but are virtually obsolete in terms of modern day requirements,' said the report without elaborating further.
Cluttons said its residential management department was managing 12 properties in Manama with 100 per cent occupancy, which validated its philosophy that good property management protects and enhances an asset's long-term performance.
Goodson-Wickes argued that property investment remained, in many ways 'less risky' than that of equities and bonds. 'There are clearly imperfections with real estate as an asset,' he said.
'We place great emphasis on superior property management, and believe ourselves to be the market leaders in this field within Bahrain.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna