Bahrain awards $2m construction contract
Manama, July 7, 2012
The Bahrain Ministry of Works has recently awarded a major contract worth BD771,426 ($2.04 million) for the development of Shaikh Daij Road/Palace Road junction to ensure smooth traffic flow.
The project developer Atlas Transport, Contracts & Mechanical Services has started work on the project and hopes to complete it by January next year.
Raed Mohamed Al Salah, the director of Road Projects & Maintenance said the project will ensure removing the roundabout and replacing it by traffic lights to improve the flow of traffic for users in the area.
The Electricity & Water Authority will upgrade the water-mains in the area as part of this project.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager