Dar al-Arkan to repay $1bn bond
Riyadh, July 9, 2012
Saudi builder Dar al-Arkan Real Estate Company on Monday said it will repay a $1 billion Islamic bond (sukuk), at maturity on July 16.
'Dar has taken all the steps for redemption through the principal paying agent,' the company said in a statement to Nasdaq Dubai bourse.
Dar, the kingdom's largest property developer, had said earlier that it would use cash and proceeds from land sales to repay the bond.
The company's floating rate sukuk was bid close to par, as it came closer to maturity. Its shares were trading down 3.5 per cent on the Saudi bourse at 1000 GMT. -Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches waterfront luxury project
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer