Dar al-Arkan to repay $1bn bond
Riyadh, July 9, 2012
Saudi builder Dar al-Arkan Real Estate Company on Monday said it will repay a $1 billion Islamic bond (sukuk), at maturity on July 16.
'Dar has taken all the steps for redemption through the principal paying agent,' the company said in a statement to Nasdaq Dubai bourse.
Dar, the kingdom's largest property developer, had said earlier that it would use cash and proceeds from land sales to repay the bond.
The company's floating rate sukuk was bid close to par, as it came closer to maturity. Its shares were trading down 3.5 per cent on the Saudi bourse at 1000 GMT. -Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing