Fluor wins Saudi Maaden contract
Riyadh, August 7, 2012
Engineering and construction company Fluor Corporation said it has clinched a major contract from Saudi Maaden-Alcoa JV firm to provide engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) services at its facility in Saudi Arabia.
The scope of work includes designing, constructing and commissioning the automotive sheet facility at Ras Al-Khair in Saudi Arabia, said Fluor which booked $337 million into backlog in the second quarter.
Once complete, the automotive sheet facility will produce lightweight aluminum to be used in vehicle manufacturing, it added.
The plant will have the capability to produce a range of products suitable for further downstream manufacturing in the aluminum complex.
These products include automotive heat-treated and non-heat-treated sheet, building and construction sheet and foil stock sheet.
“We are pleased to continue our relationship with Ma’aden and Alcoa to support the development of their aluminum complex in Saudi Arabia,” said Rick Koumouris, head of Fluor's Mining & Metals business.
“This new manufacturing facility will help meet the global automotive industry’s growing demands for new, lighter materials,” he stated.
The new facility at Ras Al-Khair is part of the Ma'aden-Alcoa aluminum complex that is currently under development in the Kingdom.
The facilities, which include a mine, alumina refinery, aluminum smelter and rolling mill, will be one of the largest and most efficient aluminum complexes in the world.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum