Work starts on $45m Bahrain mall
Manama, August 12, 2012
The construction of a mall in the Muharraq area of Bahrain is set to gather pace after the appointment of a contractor for the project, said senior municipal officials.
Muharraq Seef Mall, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seef Properties, The Malls Real Estate Development Company and Hayakala Holding Company is scheduled for completion by December next year.
The BD17 million ($45.09 million) development is situated between the Muharraq Club and the Arad Fort, they added.
The mall will comprise two floors offering 30,000 sq m of retail space with ground-level parking. It will also include an open air amphitheatre to be used for cultural events.
'We are delighted to have appointed Almoayyed Contracting to carry out this project and are convinced that our project will provide Muharraq Mall Company and the residents of Muharraq with a high quality mall that will serve as a focal point for the community,' said Muharraq Mall Company chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
'This investment is an indication of our confidence in the kingdom of Bahrain and of the policies and initiatives of the government,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi