Bahrain causeway project on fast track
Manama, August 20, 2012
Work on one of Bahrain's biggest infrastructure projects, the North Manama Causeway, is expected to be finished in next May, ahead of its July deadline, said senior officials.
Works Ministry officials said it is now operating two shifts per day after the number of onsite workers had been increased to 750.
A total of 2,060 of 2,468 concrete blocks have been installed and work on the remaining blocks is due for completion in December, the officials stated.
The new causeway will boost traffic movement to accommodate 120,000 cars per day while flyovers will accommodate 50,000 cars per day, they added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property