Qatar to build giant rotating structure
Doha, September 9, 2012
Qatar is planning to build a massive rotating crystal ball to match with the world’s best architectural marvels, a report said.
Designed by Croatia-based telecom and PR firm Apriori Communications, the Crystal Ball Light of the Future will feature a shopping complex and a sports museum, the Peninsula quoted Al Sharq Daily a saying in a report.
The high-tech project, which will focus on energy efficiency, will be designed to shimmer after sunset.
During the day, the structure will gleam reflecting sunlight but will filter daylight into the interiors, the report said.
Apriori has awarded the project to architects Vedran Pedišic (Sangrad) and Erick Velasco Farerra (AVP-arhitekti), Construction Week said in another report.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna