Famco launches Qatar operations
Doha, September 10, 2012
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), the commercial vehicles, construction and industrial equipment distribution arm of the UAE-based Al Futtaim, has announced the launch of its operations in Qatar.
The move comes as part of the UAE company's expansion plans for the Middle East region, said a senior official.
“While the Al-Futtaim Group has excellent historical business ties in Qatar, we felt the time is right for a dedicated operation in Qatar to service the country’s rapidly growing construction and logistics industry," remarked Paul Floyd, the managing director at Famco.
"Famco is already known as the leading supplier for construction, logistics and industrial equipment in the UAE, Oman and Saudi Arabia, and with our Qatar branch we continue our ambition for becoming the Middle East’s largest equipment distributor," he added.
Famco in Qatar, he said, will be the exclusive distributor for Linde material handling equipment, Ingersoll Rand industrial air compressors, Himoinsa generators and lighting towers, Nassau doors, Hart doors and Stertil dock levellers.
Famco has already supplied Himoinsa products to leading construction companies and Linde forklifts to Qatar Duty Free, he added.
According to Floyd, Famco will trade in Qatar under the trade license of “Hamad & Mohamad Al Futtaim-Famco."
The company is known in the UAE and the region for its customer focused approach and for the strong support it provides through its service and parts network.
It has bases in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah, and in 2011 started operations in Saudi Arabia and Oman.
The UAE group is launching its debut operations in Qatar by sponsoring the 'Construction Week Awards' being held on Monday at the Grand Hyatt, Doha, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals