Mena new projects will total $4.3 trillion
Dubai, September 10, 2012
Around $4.3 trillion worth of construction projects will be undertaken across the Mena region over the next decade, representing a growth of 20 per cent through 2020, said an industry expert.
The construction sector will remain a key growth catalyst for the facilities management (FM) industry, driving long-term market revenues in the GCC to reach up to $816 billion within the next 25 years, added Mahmood Rasheed, COO, Imdaad, a leading FM solutions provider in the GCC.
Government-led infrastructure development initiatives will account for a large share of the construction expenditure in the region, prompting FM companies to focus on integrated FM solutions that cater to the specific maintenance and management requirements of key infrastructure facilities, said Rasheed.
The UAE in particular, represents a key growth destination as recent statistics reveal that over $28.8 billion in construction contracts were awarded in 2011 alone, accordingly driving the demand for specialized FM services in the country.
“The construction sector in the Mena region is expected to achieve a growth of 80 per cent by 2020, outpacing the global growth rate of 67 per cent during the same period,” said Rasheed.
“This represents a huge window of opportunity for the facilities management industry to expand and cater to the corresponding surge in demand for specialized FM services. Major construction projects now increasingly integrate facilities management concepts and techniques, underlining the growing importance of strategic FM in the lifecycle of key projects in the region.
“Imdaad continues to realign and reassess its growth and expansion strategy across the GCC to be able to complement the steady growth of the region’s construction industry,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna